Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Jan. 30

Ciao, mia cara famiglia!!

It's so great to hear from you all. I hope you're all staying warm with that 4 degree weather up there! Brrrr!!! Things are going great here in Milan. I just love it more every single week. At first I was a little overwhelmed to be in such a big city that I didn't know much about, but it becomes more like home every single day! This week is senior week, which means that Sorella Soh gets to step down and be junior companion while I take the lead in planning, navigating, calling, and everything else that goes into missionary work. It's a bit overwhelming at times, but I am learning so much. It helps now that I am more familiar with the city how to use the map, and how all the transportation works. It's definitely preparing me for when I will have to make these decisions as senior companion\trainer on a regular basis! 

There have been so many great experiences this week. Last Thursday I got to do a scambio with Sorella Mcnamarra who came here to Milan while Sorella Soh went to Bergamo with Sorella Harward. I always learn so much from scambios. It's such a great opportunity to see other people's ways of doing missionary work and how I can apply it to the ways I have grown accustomed to doing things. Right before our appointment at 5, we met a man who was waiting for his grandkids at the bus stop. He didn't speak a word of Italian because he was just visiting for a couple of months from Egypt, so could only speak to us in Arabic. I wish I just knew every language there was so that communication wouldn't be a problem! After a few minutes his grandkids got off the bus so and were able to translate what we were saying to their grandfather. They were all very nice, and we scheduled an appointment to see them on Monday at 6:00. When we headed over to the appointment the next Monday, I wasn't sure what quite would come of it since we had we had basically set it up through a seven year old. But when we got to their door, the entire family was there, the mom, dad, their three young kids, and the grandpa, and waiting to hear what we had to say! They are such a beautiful family and it was a very spiritual and powerful lesson about the restoration. I'm so excited to continue teaching them! It was a great lesson to me to always have faith in people... you never know what will come from a brief encounter from an elderly man at the bus stop! 

Well, my time's about up. I love you all so much and hope you are learning wonderful new things everyday, and just enjoying every moment! That's definitely something I have come learn is very important since being here. Have a wonderful week! 

Love,
Sorella Lyman :)

No comments:

Post a Comment