Thursday, January 24, 2013

Finding Miracles

Ciao cara famiglia!

Wow, I love hearing about what you all are up to! I am so excited for Tom and Jocelyn!!! I guess he or she will be about 7 months old when I get back! :o It's -16 degrees in Rexburg right now?! That's ridiculous!! It's been a little warmer here for the past few days. The weather always seems to fluctuate. Sometimes it's super cold and other days it feels like springtime outside! 

This week is so packed! Right now we have three people who we've scheduled to see two times a week, plus we have other investigators to teach, less actives, and members! Every hour of the day is occupied. It's so great! On Sunday we went to see a new investigator from Peru for the first time who met with the missionaries back in september. He really likes the Book of Mormon and his native language is Kechua... I've never even heard of it! But the lesson went way better than we expected. We invited him to a baptismal date for the 23rd of February and he accepted!! That's never happened to me in the first lesson before! He is really accepting of everything and really wants to get baptized! 

Yesterday on the bus we had a cool experience. Our lesson for the afternoon had fallen through so we had a little finding time before our next lesson at six. We were standing next to a man who seemed to be very interested in our nametags. We started talking to him and it turns out he is from Brazil and has met with the missionaries before! We had a nice conversation with him, invited him to church, and gave him a pass along card. On next bus coming back, we started talking to another guy who was also staring at our nametags, and we found out that he's also from Brazil and has met with the missionaries! What a coincidence! We were able to get his number and will hopefully be going to see him and his family this weekend! It was a really cool experience. I love meeting new people every day who are interested in the gospel! 

Today is very exciting because we are doing a scambio with the Bergamo sorelle- Sorella McNamarra and Sorella Harward! I'll be with Sorella McNamarra here in Milano (which means I'm the navigator!) and Sorella Soh will be going to Bergamo with Sorella Harward. We're all going to spend p-day here and hopefully go to La Scala and inside the Duomo, plus get Panzerotti at Luini's! 

I have to tell you about zone training meeting on Friday! President Wolfgramm has been suggesting that Sorella Soh and I do something with my violin and her pink ukelele, which she got from a member in Torino. Sorella Soh had made an awesome rendition of the mission hymn on her ukelele, and we decided to try throwing in a violin part! It turned out really great- it was my first experience playing an improvisational violin part alongside a ukelele!

I'm reminded every day that the Lord really does work in mysterious ways and I just never know when to expect miracles! I feel so blessed to be a recipient of God's amazing blessings to His children every single day! Vi voglio un sacco di bene! Stay warm, and have a wonderful week!!

Love,
Sorella Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment