Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Missionary Work Begins

Ciao, mia famiglia!

I can't believe another week has come and gone! I'm sorry I didn't tell you that my regular p-day is actually on Wednesday. Last week was just a special circumstance. How has everyone's week been? Are you all getting excited for Christmas? Sorella Forbes and I went and got a little christmas tree and decorations on our last p-day to set up in our apartment. It looks so cute! Have you gotten a Christmas tree yet? I can't wait to see all the lights go up in Milano. I hear it's absolutely beautiful here at Christmas time. 

This week has been a little slower than my first as far as teaching goes, but we've been doing a lot of finding and have had some cool experiences! One night (I think on Saturday) we were tracting and rang the citofono of a man named Giuseppe. He sounded really interested in our message through the citofono but couldn't meet with us right then. We went back on Monday and met him outside the palazzo. He saw us both with a Book of Mormon, took one out of Sorella Forbes' hand and starting flipping through it. Before we could say anything he told us, "ok, it will take me three or four days to read the whole thing and then afterwards we can talk about it." I was so taken aback! I've never seen someone so eager to learn about something so instantly like that. We told him we would come back to give him a Book of Mormon in his language (Albanian) and talk about it a little more. I'm excited to see where it goes! 

Last night we talked to an elderly lady named Maria who had a lot of interesting ideas about the Mormon church. She liked to talk so we weren't able to say a whole lot, but at the end she looked at me and said she knew me! I said my mom, Sorella Rogers, was here a while ago and maybe they had crossed paths! Do you remember any Catholic ladies named Maria, Mom? :) Another lady we're teaching, named Assunta, also loves to talk and is very fun to teach! Right now we're teaching her about faith and read Alma 32 together in our last lesson. She says it's a little hard for her to understand, but she said she would read the rest of the chapter this week which I think will help her. 

I love seeing all the little miracles that come when we're diligent in our finding efforts and continue to have faith. We have a lot of potential investigators right now that we're trying to meet with, but they're all super busy with work! Right now we have baptismal dates for Patrick and a Filipino woman named Abby. She is so ready and excited to be baptized! She talks about the gospel with all her friends and when we saw her last we gave her five pass-along cards to hand out to them! She is so great. We're also teaching her roommate, named Ditche. I'm really hoping we can meet with more of our potentials! I feel like there are so many great things coming. 

I'm excited for the rest of this week- our ward, Milano 3 (or Milano Navigli), is having a serata di talenti (talent show) on Friday, which everyone is very excited about. There's going to be lots of participation including a performance by the missionaries (I'm not quite sure what we're doing yet) and lots of people who will be singing, etc. It's going to be lots of fun! Mom- thanks for sending me some names of people you know! I don't think I've ran across any of them... yet. :) Well, I love you all and can't wait to hear what you've all been up to! Vi voglio bene! 

-Sorella Lyman
 
 
Me and my MTC companion, Sorella Harward!
 
 
Our Christmas tree :)

 
Me at the Duomo!
 

1 comment:

  1. Greetings...I am the mom of your daughters companion. I am so happy that they are together and enjoying the spirit of missionary work together. I wondered if you could please remove the address from your daughters blog. It is for their safety that we are not supposed to post this...only the mission home address. We received a letter from the Mission President about this awhile ago. Thank you

    ReplyDelete