Thursday, November 8, 2012

Leaving for Italy!

Hi everyone!

How are you all doing? This is my last P-day here at the MTC! There are so many things to do before I leave, it's crazy! Mom, did you get the letter that I sent to you? I can't believe that I met someone in the temple who served at the same time as you in Italy! Her name is Sister Colton and she said was companions with one of your companions, who I think was a native Italian. I can't remember her last name, though! I got my travel itinerary this week! My departure date is the 13th, and I'll be getting to the SLC around 9:30. We leave for Dallas at 12:15, have a about a three hour layover, and then leave for London at 4:45. We'll be getting to the London airport at 7:30 a.m. on the 14th... I'm not sure what time that would be for you all- maybe about 1:30 in the morning? And then we leave for Milan at 9:30 and will be getting there at 12:30 p.m.! I'm guessing when I'm at the SLC would be the best time to call. Will you all be free from 9:30-11:30ish? There are no restrictions for when I call or for how long (although my branch president said to keep the calls relatively short). So I could maybe even call you when I'm in London!

Things have been pretty exciting for my last week at the MTC. Tomorrow we have in-field orientation, which is all day long and sort of a practice for contacting people on the streets and tracting, I think. Sunday was exciting because Sorella Harward, Anziano Johnson, and I got to play a musical number for mission conference! We did an arrangement of Savior, Redeemer of my Soul from the Joseph Smith movie. I played violin, Anziano Johnson sang, and Sorella Harward played the piano. I'm so glad I got to play the violin one more time before I leave for Italy! It was a little intimidating, but also really fun to play in front of the entire MTC! Devotional was really great on Tuesday. Elder Zwick from the Seventy and his wife came to speak to us. They talked about being a true disciple of Christ how having a pure and honest heart is one of the most important things in missionary work. It was a really great reminder for me to always keep Christ at the center of my thoughts and how I can be a better representative of him through my work as a missionary. 

I can't believe my time here is almost over. In a lot of ways it's seemed like an entire lifetime but it's also gone really fast, especially in the last few of weeks. I'm so excited to get to Italy and start teaching real investigators the gospel! I'm sure it will be a little intimidating walking up to someone for the first time, but I'm just going to have faith that the spirit will be with me and I will know what to say! Well my computer time's about up, sadly. I wish I had more time to write to all of you! I can't wait to you on Tuesday! Keep your phones on from 9:30 to 11:30!! If I don't get a hold of you then, I'll try to call from Dallas/London. I love you all! Have a wonderful week this week!

Love,
Sorella Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment