Thursday, November 1, 2012

Nov. 1, 2012--The District on TV

This week has been great! I can't believe I only have 12 days until I leave! I am so excited. We had two new districts come in last week, including one sister named Sorella Ehorn! She is from Southern California, and actually only lives about 15 minutes away from Nana and Gramps! She's been to Crestline a lot, and used to live in Lake Arrowhead! All the rest of the new Elders are great too. All the sorelle are making a goal to speak ONLY in Italian this week, and whoever ends up speaking the least amount of English gets a prize at the end. It can be hard to speak in the language all the time, so having a little extra motivation definitely helps! Right now I'm really trying to just make the most of the remaining time I have here. I'm trying to read up until Mosiah in my Italian Book of Mormon before I leave, but right now I'm a little behind. We still have the same four investigators, and they're all doing great! This week has actually been pretty exciting because it turns out that the main TV station in Italy, RAI, is some sort of special on Mormon missionaries because of the political campaign with Mitt Romney. They wanted to come and film one of the Italian districts and see how they train the missionaries here, because I guess one of the biggest reasons Romney gives for his success is his experience as a missionary. They chose the other district that's leaving with ours, and had a camera crew come in yesterday to film them in class and do interviews with them. I think it's supposed to be a two hour special, and it will be airing all over Italy!! Isn't that crazy? This is going to be really great for all the missionary work that's happening right now, and hopefully will get people more aware of the church and open to our message!

Well, my time on the computer is about up, unfortunately. I'm so excited to be in Italy in just under two weeks! I'm sure there will be a lot of challenges I wasn't expecting, and I'm really trying to utilize my last to weeks here to speak the language and become as familiar with Preach my Gospel as I can. I love you all and hope you have a great week! Arrivederci!

Love,
Sorella Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment