Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas #2

BUON NATALE!!!!!!

Hi everyone! I know I'll be talking with a lot of you all later, but that won't stop me from still sending out an email! This week has just been a blast! I am having so much fun in Verona. I can honestly say this is one of the best Christmases I've ever had- so full of happiness, Italian food (specifically pandoro), singing, violin playing, and wonderful Italian people!! Today we are headed over to two members' houses- one for Christmas lunch and the other later on this evening to do google chat and probably dinner too. And THEN last night all the missionaries got invited over to our ward mission leader's house with his wife and adorable baby girl for Christmas eve with their family. We had a delicious turkey dinner complete with pandoro and grilled pineapple and then sang songs together afterwards. Just like home! Sunday was pretty great too. Our ward did an awesome Christmas program where practically everyone in each of the auxiliaries was involved in a musical number. All the missionaries, including our senior couple, sang an a capella version of Joy to the world, which went pretty well. My favorite was Far, Far away on Judea's plain sung by the priesthood. They had half the men blasting out the walking bass line so that you could hardly hear anything else and they were singing it with such gusto! I was so pleased. And then on Friday we had an AMAZING Christmas ward activity which was basically a musical talent night. They asked me to play a number on the violin so I played O Holy Night with Sorella Reichert, and there was a lot of other great musical numbers done by missionaries and ward members alike. (It was Verona 1 and 2 combined) What was even better is that one of our investigators, the one that Mom also taught, came with her nephew!! She loved every minute of it. My favorite part was when they did a reenactment of La Befana with one of our cute ward members playing the part of La Befana along with a whole cast of characters. They even had the three kings with very elaborate costumes and a really cool soundtrack! It was definitely a cultural experience. 

Well, that's about all I'm going to right because I'll talk to most of yall later and I don't have much time at the computer this week! Vi voglio un sacco di bene e buone feste!

Love,
Sorella Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment