Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Slow down for the little things

Ciao tutti!! 

Come state? This week has been packed so full of stuff, I don't even know where to start! I have come to the realization that I will be in a total of four cities this week. Genova, Milano, Bergamo, and Como! We started off heading to Genova, because Sorella Stewart had to go and pick up her permesso. We spent the night there and I was able to see little bits of the city and try some genovese focaccia which is the best there is! In the same day, we headed back to Milano and I then headed over to Bergamo to do a scambio with Sorella Gjika. Bergamo is so beautiful!! I absolutely loved it. I've really gotten to know Sorella Gjika a lot better. She is outstanding missionary! She is such a bold and powerful teacher and has picked up the language perfectly after only six weeks in Italy! 

So like I said, this week is pretty busy. One little fun highlight from my last scambio with Sorella Gjika was an old, Italian man we met as we were going down to the metro. He saw our nametags and yelled out to us and started talking to us a mile a minute about all his religious ideas, along with showing us a battle scar on his leg. He shook my hand for about 20 seconds and continued to salute us as we went on our way. Later that afternoon, we were back in the metro buying tickets, and lo and behold we saw the same crazy old man walking up to us from that morning! The first thing he asked me was if I knew what the pin meant on his hat and he proceeded to talk again a mile a minute. We had to escape again so we could go catch our metro. It was definitely one of the more interesting experiences I've had! 

Well, summer is well on its way here in Milano. It went from cold to warm in about two seconds. With the warm weather comes parks and streets completely packed with people. Here in Italy, the park is basically everyone's backyard since everyone lives in apartment buildings, and with the heat in the summer, it's better to stay outside where there's a least a breeze. We have definitely entered that season! 

I have comed to learn that amidst all the things we need to remember to do and check off of our daily to do lists, it is so much more important to just calm down and see, one, how others are helping you all the time, and also how you can help others in very simple ways. It's best to just be calm and enjoy life! I'm so grateful for all the experiences I have to bear my testimony to others and help them come closer to Christ. It's really through the simple truths we know about the gospel that we are really able to expand our knowledge more and have more happiness in this life! Vi voglio un sacco di bene! Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sorella Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment