Wednesday, April 10, 2013

General Conference

Ciao carissima famiglia!!

Come state tutti voi? Come va la settimana? How did you all like CONFERENCE?!?! I know for me, I was definitely geeking out more than I ever have before my mission. Remembering how powerful conference was for me in the MTC, and especially how I felt that everything they said directly affected what I was doing, I was practically jumping out of my skin for this weekend! I felt the spirit so strongly, was taking notes furiously (since we won't get written copies until next month!), and overall just felt more strongly than ever that everything they were saying was true, and that we really do have a living prophet on the earth today who speaks directly from God! I really liked Dean R. Davies' talk about building on a firm foundation (using one of my favorite spriptures, Hel. 5:12), and how the sacrament is a vital part of that foundation. I could go on and on about all the talks... what were some of your favorites? We were able to see the first and the third live, at 6:00 Italy time, and it was cool to think that I was watching it at exactly the same time as you! One thing that saddens me is that we weren't able to see the fourth session, which I guess is when Jeffrey R. Holland spoke. How was it? 

Other things from the week... apart from conference things have been going along pretty normally and smoothly. Actually, a lot more normally and smoothly then I was expecting they would be at the start of the transfer. A lot of that is thanks to Sorella Stewart who is the biggest G.E.M. (stands for Grow Every Missionary- our mission battle cry!). It has been really cool to see how much we have really worked together, and how much we truly need to rely on each other in order to be effective servants in the Lord's hands! We've really seen a lot of miracles and blessings. I am also extremely grateful to my two trainers, Sorella Forbes and Sorella Soh (who I know is reading this ;) who could not have given me a better foundation upon which to base the rest of my mission. There are so many decisions that have to be made about knowing how to help investigators progress, helping them resolve their concerns and come closer to Christ, know how to work with members and gain their trust, and knowing how to use your time to the fullest. I guess it's all just really good prep for when I will have a family and be raising my own children in this exact same way! 

One really great thing yesterday was zone conference, where both the zones from Milano met and got instructed by the mission president and Sorella Wolfgramm, receiving even more spiritual instruction apart from conference! And I got to run into one of the one anziano I haven't seen from my MTC district (in the Milan mission that is), Anziano Locklear! There are so many great memories from the MTC that I will never forget. :) Well, about time to wrap up. I love you all so much and hope you have a wonderful week ahead! I know that this gospel is true!!

Love,
Sorella Lyman 

1 comment: