Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter Rain


Hi Everyone!!

Mom, thanks so much for sending me the addresses and info of all those people in Milan! I've copied them all down and will see if I can track any of them down! I didn't recognize any of there names when I read them... hopefully they're still around! It would be so cool to meet some of them. Thanks so much for all the pictures (especially of Jocelyn!!!). You're all so cute!!!

The highlight from this week was probably Pasqua (Easter) on sunday, and also Pasquetta the next day which is also a holiday here in Italy. At first we didn't have any plans to go see members and so were hoping that maybe in church that day we would get an invite. If not our plan was just to go back and feast on the HUGE chocolate egg that we got from our ward mission leader. :) It turns out that right when we got to church Sorella Angiuli came up to us and upon discovering that we didn't have any plans, arranged for us straight away to go with Sorella Angioni to her house after church. So we got to spend the afternoon with her and her family (there were nine of us total) and participate in a real, traditional Italian Easter meal! There was a LOT of fish, some yummy little bread appetizers, a delicious Russian salad, and of course lamb, which is a traditional Italian dish for Easter. It was soooo good!! Then the next day for Pasquetta, one of our investigators, Alberto, had arranged with a member in church to meet up at their house to cook a delicious lunch, and invited us along (Alberto has expressed to us multiple times how much he loves to cook). There was once again a LOT of fish, including octupus, shrimp, and one entire silver-looking fish (don't remember what it was called), eyes and all, for each of us to eat. It was delicious! It felt so nice to be with members celebrating such a wonderful holiday and also being able to see our investigator fellowshipping so well with the ward! I really love the Easter traditions in Italy. :) OH, and we got THREE colombas from the bishopbric! I don't know how we're going to eat all of it. They're sooo good, though!

A little miracle from the week happened on Saturday after we were going to pass by some members after a lesson with one of our investigators from Bolivia. It had been raining ALLL day long, in fact every day that week, and at the moment there just seemed to be a lot of things weighing on my mind. As we were crossing the street we both looked to the left and saw the biggest, most colorful rainbow I have ever seen in my entire life! My first Italian rainbow! It was so beautiful and cheered me up in an instant. Sometimes the simple beauties of nature are enough to be a wonderful reminder that God is always aware and watching over us, and there are so many things we have to be grateful for.

There are so many great things happening here in Milan. I love being with Sorella Stewart- she brings out my goofy side! I love you all SO much and was so happy to read the letters you sent me, which got to me today! Keep being your amazing, wonderful selves. :) Vi voglio bene!

Love,
DaNece

No comments:

Post a Comment