Thursday, March 14, 2013

Visiting Varese and Como

Hello Everyone!!

First off, I have some exciting news! They have recently changed the policy for missionaries worldwide so that we are now able to write also to friends\new converts via email, as well as our families and the mission president. That means that I now have an extra thiry minutes on the computer to have more time to respond all these new emails. Woohoo! Communication is now going to be much easier and faster. Apart from that, it's been a pretty fun week. On Thursday I got to do a scambio with Sorella Vardeu in Varese, a small little city about an hour outside of Milano in the mountains. Sorella Vardeu is the sister that Sorella Soh and I got to host on her first night here in the mission. She is a native Italian from Rome and is so awesome! We taught three lessons- one to an investigator who is really interested in geneology, one to a 12-year-old new convert, and then one to a man from Romania who we taught the Plan of Salvation (who I actually got to see again at Stake Conference this Sunday). It was really fun to be in a new area outside of Milan, and made me realize once again just how big and vast Milan is! It was interesting getting off the train from Varese, and then back down into the metropolitana and the normal urban life I'm used to, with tons of people everywhere I go!

This Sunday we had Stake conference in the Milano Lampugnano ward. It was so cool to be there with the entire Milano Ovest (West) stake- Milano actually has two stakes now. It's so cool to see how much the church has grown, and also to see just how packed it was on Sunday! There were a lot of great speakers, and a lot of great talks on missionary work, including a talk from President Wolfgramm. I loved meeting people from all the other wards (including two awesome return sister missionaries from Milano 3) and being able to talk and mingle with everyone afterwards. The next day we got to go to Como again for our second zone training of the transfer. We arrived about an hour early right in centro, and had to walk around by Lake Como and around the duomo to find tickets for the bus we were supposed to take. It was definitely a great excuse to get to see some of the absolutely breathtaking sights of the city! At some points I thought I was walking in Fantasyland, except so much better becase it was actually real life! Como is such a beautiful city. I can't wait to be able to see more of Italy in the future!

Well, time's about up again. I hope you're all doing well, and I look forward to all those letters that I hear are being sent by all the siblings! :) Have a wonderful, wonderful week and look for opportunities to serve! Vi voglio un SACCO di bene!!

Love,
Sorella Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment