Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Transfers!


Hello Everyone!!

Come state? Everything is great (and crazy!) here in Milano! It's crazy because this week is transfer week and Sorella Soh is going home! Right now she is in the process of packing all of her bags, and then tomorrow we will head to the train station, switch companions, and she will head over to the mission home with all the other departing missionaries! I will then come home with my new companion who will be... Sorella Stewart!! Yep, the same Sorella Stewart who was with me in the MTC! She will be coming here to Milano after spending the last three transfers in Genova. So that means I will be going on my fourth transfer here! I am so excited to be with Sorella Stewart. It's going to be so fun to be companions with someone who was with me in the MTC since we will both be at the same level of experience. It's going to be a time of a lot of learning, growing, and miracles!

Besides transfers this past week has been pretty full. On Thursday we had a conference for all the sisters in the mission which lasted basically all day. It was so cool to see all the sisters gathered together, some who I hadn't seen in a long time, and some who I'd never met but had heard a lot about. The atmosphere was just filled with so much love and overall sorella power! Sorella Soh gave her dying testimony, which is what every missionary has to give on their last transfer in the mission, talking about all the different things they've learned and any advice they want to pass on to other missionaries. Everyone loved it, including me!

The past couple of days we have just been going from appointment to appointment, trying to teach and say goodbye to everyone before Sorella Soh leaves. Yesterday we went to eat lunch with Sorella Crista, our new convert's mom, and we had a delicious dish from El Salvador called pupusas (sp?). It's basically a corn based soft tortilla with different fillings of meat, beans, and zucchini which you fry on the stove, sort of like empanadas. It was sooo good. I had seven! I was completely stuffed. Then later on in the day we went to our other new convert's house, Mishell, and her mom served us Papa alla huanquayina (sp?) which is a baked potato with a delicious cheesy sauce, along with some yummy fried rice. Our members our so good to us!

Today was pretty packed too, because along with it being p-day we went to welcome in the new sisters who just arrived today from the MTC! There are eleven of them total, plus all the elders. Guess who I met? Sorella Seare!! She is super nice. The first thing I asked her was "Do you know Jocelyn Francis?" because I know they had been in a quartet together at BYU-I! I was so excited to meet her. She said that Jocelyn was the only one that actually guess right on her mission call, because that's where her sister is serving! :) It has been a fun and packed week, and it's just going to get more exciting!

I love you all so much and hope you have a wonderful week ahead. I'm glad to hear spring time is on it's way over there. Right now it's still pretty yucky in Milano, but it should start warming up soon! Vi voglio tantissimo bene!! Alla prossima!

Love,
Sorella Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment