Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Mountain Villages and Italian Violins

Ciao tutti!!

Wow, this week has been packed with so many awesome things!! I love hearing about everything you all are doing. It sounds like you have some fun plans for Christmas and are all keeping very busy! 

Wow, well where do I start? I have seen so many wonderful things this week, eaten delicious food, and had some great experiences with people! On Monday I got to go to Como for zone training, and it was absolutely beautiful. It's nestled up in the mountains and there's a beautiful lake in the center (Lake Como). It sort of reminded me of Crestline, except that it was an Italian wonderland everywhere I looked! The church was so cute, too. It's in a little yellow two-story building, with a pretty little balcony on the top center window. I wish I had a picture! Last P-day was pretty amazing because we got to go to an international fair in Ro (right oustide Milan) where they had tons of stuff from all regions of Italy, and also other buildings devoted to Europe, China, India, and America! It was so cool! Mom, you would've loved it. I kept thinking of you when I was walking through all the stands in Italy... they had so many beautiful hand-made things and amazing food samples everywhere! It was like heaven! We didn't have time to go everywhere because it was HUGE, but we did go to Europe where we heard some Irish people playing awesome bagpipe music and ate churros from Spain! It was basically like Epcot World Showcase times infinity. 

Another exciting thing this week was that I had my first scambio! (is it called exchange in English? I can't remember...) I went with Sorella Lloyd who is serving in the northern part of Milan with Sorella Brown. It was a really beautiful part of the city! We had two appointments, one with an investigator they're teaching right now with a baptismal date, and another with a new convert family. They served us a delicious meal of rice, chicken, and lentils. (I'm making sure to be more detailed on the food this week... I know Mom wants to know all about it!) We taught them about prayer afterwards, and talked a lot about how to be more sincere while praying. Sorella Lloyd used the example of when Jesus is praying for the Nephites, and the words couldn't even be written because they were so powerful and sincere. It was a beautiful example! One of my favorite scripture about prayer is in Alma chapter 37 (I can't remember the verses right now) where it talks about raising your heart to God before you go to bed, and then when you arise in the morning, giving a prayer of thanks! I don't remember it exactly, but it's a beautiful scripture! 

This week is going to be very exciting. This Friday, Sorella Forbes and I are going to Bergamo where I'm going to play violin for a benefit concert along with a few other missionaries who will be performing. I'm so excited! I mangaged to find a violin from someone in the ward and have a few pieces I will be playing. I'm so happy to be able to share my talents! I didn't think I would be able to do it very much on my mission, but it looks like there will be lots of opportunities! I also get to see Sorella Harward again who is serving there with Sorella Padula! Both of them will be singing, along with Sorella Lloyd. Lots of fun things for today: we're going to the Last supper (!!!) and going to see the big, beautiful Christmas tree at the Duomo! Well, time is running short. Love you so much! Vi voglio tanto bene!!! Have a great week and go share the gospel! :) 

Love,
Sorella Lyman :)

No comments:

Post a Comment