Monday, December 24, 2012

Mamma mia!

Ciao, cara famiglia e amici!!

Thanks so much for your emails!! I love hearing about what you all are up to. And I'm so excited to actually talk to everyone next week for Natale!!! Sounds like Ceci is doing great on the debate team- I'm not surprised! She is so eloquent in both speaking and writing. This week has been so great! A little crazy too. Last week we had another scambio from Wednesday to Thursday (I was with Sorella Beutler) and then on Friday we went to Bergamo for a concert with Sorella Padula and Sorella Harward. I got to play violin, which was really fun to be able to share my talents, and then there were also some voice numbers by Sorella Padula, Harward, and Lloyd, who are all amazing singers! 

Before anything else, I must tell you that today I got to see La Scala and it was absolutely amazing!!! We were so lucky because the orchestra was actually rehearsing while we were there and we got to watch them from one of the boxes! Ah, it was so cool. I felt like I was in a movie, or had gone back in time. They were playing Symphony Fantasique by Berlioz. It is now one of my new dreams to see an opera at La Scala. It is so beautiful! And then we got to look at the museum where they have the piano of Franz Liszt (how do you spell that again?) along with many other cool musical artifacts and props, like some of Mozart's hair and a mold of Chopin's hand! It was definitely a highlight of all the P-days I've had so far.  

Mamma mia, this week has just been full of wonderful things I want to talk about! We started teaching a part-member family last Wednesday who are so great, and so ready for the gospel. Sorella Forbes had actually been talking with the husband on the phone before we went to see them that night, who isn't a member and hadn't been able to really set up a time to see him. When I went with Sorella Beutler, it was to go with Sorella Cano to see Norelys who is in the Relief Society. We ended up teaching a great restoration lesson to both her and her husband who was there for the whole lesson! We went back to teach the Plan of Salvation on Monday to them and also their daughter, and they loved it! I am so excited to keep teaching them and help to bless their lives through the gospel! 

Man, I wish I had more time to talk about all the great things that have happened, and also to talk about all the delicious food I've eaten! I ate SO MUCH yesterday, including an ENTIRE margherita pizza, pandoro, butter cake, spaghetti, and some other delicious things. I'm still feeling pretty full from it. I was going to send you pictures, but I forgot my camera cord! :( I guess it'll have to wait until next week. Well, I love you all so much, and can't wait to talk to you on Christmas!!! 

Love,
Sorella Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment