Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Why We Love Miracles

Buon GIORNISSIMO!! (Yeah, I just heard the cashier guy say that... not sure if it's quite grammatically correct :P)

How are yall doin?! Staying warm, I hope- I hear it was -29 at one point in Rexburg?! I can't even imagine that!!! I hope you're all putting a gazillion layers on. If there's one thing I've picked up in Italy, it's that. And wearing scarves- it really works! 

Well, this week has been dandy! Aside from the rain, which is basically a given these days, we've seen lots of great miracles! By the way, Dad mentioned the fact that I always talk about miracles in my emails. That's because we really put an emphasis on that in this mission. We write about one every single week to president, and every night before we plan for the next day we think of a miracle that's happened that day. It helps keep you aware of how many there really are in this work! 

So yeah, I think my favorite miracle from the week happened on Sunday. The week was about to come to a close and we hadn't found ANY new investigators. Our plans for the day had sort of fallen through and we were left with an entire evening of finding. So we headed over to an area to do some casa (knocking on doors) and luckily got into a palazzo pretty quickly. One of the first doors we knocked on a woman from Sri Lanka opened up. As we were explaining who we were and about our message the number of people at the door slowly started to accumulate until there were about six people standing there. They all seemed very interested so we asked if we could come in and share a short message. And... they said YES!! So we walked in and before I knew it I was sitting in front of eight people from Sri Lanka talking about Jesus Christ and the restoration of the gospel. It was so cool! We ended up getting five new investigators (three of them had to leave for work) and it was really just a great experience. Afterwards I was just thinking to myself that experiences like that probably don't really happen outside of being of missionary and I want to treasure them up as much as I can! 

Another great miracle we're having right now is our investigator from Nigeria who has a baptismal date for the 2nd of March! We've actually had to move it a couple of times because she's had a hard time getting to church with her four-year-old and one-month-old baby, but yesterday we discovered that she really does have real intent- when we talked about having to move the date again at the end she sort of laughed and told us that she knew that was coming because she wasn't able to come to church again last week. This week she's really going to try and we're going to pray so much for her! 

Well, that's about it I think. I hope you all have a wonderful week filled with your own little miracles and that you STAY WARM!! Vi voglio un sacco di bene.

Love,
Sorella Lyman 

No comments:

Post a Comment