Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Wandering Sister

Buon dì!

Okay everyone. Are you all about ready to have your minds blown? Guess what? I'M GETTING TRANSFERRED!!!! I am going to GENOVA 2 to be a sister training leader again with Sorella McCann!! That means that I will be spending the last six weeks of my mission in an entirely new city. AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE IT MEANS?!! There will be two completely new sisters here in Verona (not sister training leaders anymore... I have no idea where they're moving them)- Sorella Alley, who will be training a new sister! It was actually kind of comical when the phone rang around lunch time on Monday. We had just gotten done cleaning the apartment and I was just so content to be staying in Verona for my last transfer, not worrying at all about what could possibly happen. I didn't even freak out when the phone rang because I thought they were just calling Sorella Willis to tell her all the details about going home on Friday. And THEN they asked to talk to me and I started to wonder a little bit. When they told me I was going to Genova I thought it was a joke! I guess that's what I get for being so comfortable with where I'm at. God certainly has His way! 

But really though, I am SO excited to go to Genova. I always speculated about going there but never thought it would actually happen, especially in the last six weeks of my mission!! I am so excited to be with Sorella McCann- I've gotten to know her a little bit throughout the mission and she is so fun and cute! She will be my very last companion! Mamma mia. I've also gotten to go to Genova a couple of times when I was with Sorella Stewart way back when, and it is BEAUTIFUL!! It is on the west side of Italy, sort of in the mountains, and right on the ocean. It is going to be such an adventure to go to a new city knowing that I only have a very short amount of time to be there. It makes me determined to discover why the Lord wants me there and to fulfill my purpose to the fullest extent as a missionary. I'm so excited for these new experiences, meeting all these new members and investigators, and just everything that's about to hit me! OH, one other bonus is that I will be living in the same apartment as Sorella Harward, my MTC companion!!! I haven't seen her in almost a YEAR. It will be such a blessing to start our missions together and also be able to end them together. Really, this whole thing is just a huge blessing from God that I wasn't expecting in the slightest! Isn't it amazing how he works sometimes?

I'm also thinking a lot these days about when I got transferred to Collegno with Sorella Haslem, when WE were both new to the city. Now I get to be on the other side of that spectrum, seeing what it's like to have both me and my companion leave and have two new people come in. The minute we found out on Monday we have been scrambling around getting everything in order for the new sorelle, saying goodbyes, and packing our suitcases. It's been sad to have to say goodbye to all these people, not thinking that I would have to do it so soon. I know that this is the right thing for Verona, having two new sorelle come in, because they will both have a new and different perspective about the people we have been working with and I think will really be able to turn the work around here. I saw it happen in Collegno and I know it can happen here! 

Well, this email is getting pretty long. I realized that I haven't really told you anything from this week as far as our work goes. The main highlight is that on Saturday we had an awesome music night at the church featuring all the missionaries from both wards in Verona. I got to play the violin for two numbers and there were a lot of other really cool things too. It's sure been fun for me to be in this ward that has so much talent and appreciation for music! 

Vi voglio bene!!!! Have an wonderful, amazing, awesome week and always look for the hand of God in your life! 

Love,
Sorella Lyman



No comments:

Post a Comment