Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Nov. 27th: Conceptions of God

Buon giorno!!

Hey everyone! Tomorrow's Thanksgiving!! Last year I celebrated thanksgiving Italian style at Fratelli la Bufola with Sorella Forbes. It was soooo good. This year I actually got to have a full out American thanksgiving thanks to the awesome senior couples in Verona! We had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatos, green beans, fruit salad, cranberry sauce, and other delicious things that I can't remember. And then there was apple and pumpkin pie for desert and persimmon cheesecake! Has anyone ever heard of that? I never had until I got to Italy (it's called kaki here) but apparently it exists in America too. It was SO GOOD!!

Other things that happened this week... I don't know, I just think I've had some different realizations of how people actually conceive God. This past Monday we were having a lesson with a less active family in Bussolengo and a couple of their relatives were over. I was talking to one of them, testifying about how God knows and loves him personally. Right after I said that one of the ladies immediately disagreed with me saying that God doesn't love him personally because he hadn't done anything to show his love for Him. Well, that comment kind of shocked me. I couldn't really understand how someone could think that. I've grown up my whole life believing and knowing that God loves us personally, one, because there are plenty of scriptures to back it up (Alma 7:11-13), and two, because I've felt it for myself. So it kind of made me really sad to know that there are people who don't have that conception. It's now one of my goals to make sure I testify of that more often because that is the most fundamental principle of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! 

There's another less active that I really just love. Right now she is living in a special home and is having some health problems. Every time we go over to teach her I feel the spirit so strongly and the pure love of God. Part of it's because she has that love so strongly within herself. It's so special for me to be able to talk with people about the gospel and testify to them that God loves them! I left there on Sunday feeling pure joy because we were able to buoy her up through the gospel. It was a reminder to me that serving others will bring us more joy than anything else in this life! 

I hope you all have a deliciously wonderful thanksgiving and that you enjoy and share in all the love and goodness that's around you. :)

LOVE,
Sorella Lyman


My birthday with a sign that says 11-15!!!


Huge Christmas tree in Verona!



Fall greetings from Sorella Willis and Sorella Lyman! :)


Thanksgiving! I'm making a weird face. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment