Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Transfered to Verona!

BUON GIORNO!!!!!
Well the transfer news is in and after six wonderful months in Collegno, I am getting transferred to Verona!!!! Yes, the city of Romeo and Juliet. :) My companion will be Sorella Willis who is one transfer older than me in the mission and I'm going to be a sister training leader! That means that I'll be doing exchanges with sisters every week in all the cities surrounding Verona. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! And also very sad to leave Collegno. Yesterday we went around all day saying goodbye to all the members and will be doing the same thing today. It was very bittersweet. One of the less active members who I have grown very close to in these past six months hugged the stuffings out of me for about five minutes and made me cry!! Being transferred is definitely an emotional roller coaster. I've never been so excited to go to a new place (it's really only my second time going to a new city) and at the same time never been so sad to leave! I would love to stay here in Collegno for the rest of my mission, and for a little bit on Monday was thinking that I would at least stay for one more transfer. But then at 9:40 at night the phone rang as we were still planning and the name on the screen was President Dibb. My heart was hammering out of my chest! Week six is always the craziest week of the transfer because we never know until at least Monday what will be happening so it only gives us two days to say all our goodbyes.
The sister coming to take my place in Collegno (this part is even crazier) is Sorella Condie from Torino 2!! Sorella Hoffman and I were both shocked out of our minds because Torino is basically attached to Collegno and I don't think I've ever heard of someone getting transferred 20 minutes away from where they were before! :) Sorella Hoffman and Sorella Condie are so excited to be together though and it literally is the perfect thing to have her coming here at this time since she is pretty familiar with the city and knows what's going on. That's exactly what Collegno needs because we are at such a crucial point where the work has reached such a peak. It's so different from when I first got here with Sorella Haslem and we had practically nothing, had no idea where we were, who anyone was, or where we were going, to the point we are at now! Collegno is like my baby and there will always be a part of my heart that will remain. :) I'm so excited for the things that will happen here even if I won't be here to see it.
I've been thinking a lot about saying goodbyes and you all know how much of a sentimental person I am and that it's not my favorite thing in the world to do. But yesterday as I was saying goodbye to our ward mission leader and his wife, I just felt so much peace, that I had done my part here and that the people here have all appreciated and benefitted from it so much. My mind has been expanded so much about what my purpose and mission really is. I think this is just a little taste of what it's going to be like when I leave Italy all together, which I don't even want to think about. What it's basically done for me is renew my sense of purpose and excitement as a missionary- the same excitement I felt when I opened up my mission call. My motivation to go and do is out the roof and I am so excited for the remaining months ahead!!
Arrivederci alla mia bellissima, preziosa Collegno, and next week from the city of love!
con tanto amore,
Sorella Lyman
P.S. sorry this email is so cheesy. The Italians have really gotten to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment