Wednesday, October 23, 2013

First Week in Verona

Ciao tutti!!

I am so excited to write to you all this week, since I am writing from a new city! Verona is so beautiful- it seems like there is something to look at practically everywhere we go! We live right close to centro which is where you find all the pretty Verona sights- ancient roman ruins, juliet's balcony, cute little shops and winding streets everywhere, churches, bridges, rivers, the whole deal! I just feel like I'm in heaven as I ride my bike down the street and thank my Heavenly Father that he sent me to such a beautiful country! 

So there are lots of exciting things about being transferred and lots of adjusting to do to! This is acutally my first time being transferred regularly with a companion who has previous experience with the area (besides going to my first city, Milano). It's pretty nice! My goal for this week is to just get myself oriented and keep everyone straight! One exciting thing is that we're on bikes! It's the first time on my whole mission that I've been on a bike and my legs are definitely feeling it! I can also see how the sisters before really helped this city. We are working with a beautiful family right now where the dad just got baptized a few weeks ago and we're continuing to work with the mother and the daughter. They have two kids total- the daughter is nine and the son is six. They are so cute! I love teaching families. 

The ward is also so great. I haven't gotten to know a lot of them yet but from what I can tell from Sunday and from what Sorella Willis has told me they are super on board with missionary work. We are doing a lot of member missionary work here and I have already gotten to know a few members who are so in gamba! (sorry, I don't really know how to translate that... on the ball?) --Including the ward mission leader. He is hilarious! 

I guess what I really want to talk about is how I've just felt so much love since I've been in Verona. It's been building up and building up my whole mission and now that I have a bit more experience and know what I'm doing (hopefully :) ) I hope that I can just shower it onto everybody. I love this country, I love this people, I love the gospel, I love being a missionary! I just feel liberated, like I know what I'm doing, and ready to go out and GEM this city! 

I should also say a little about my companion, Sorella Willis! She is from Jacksonville, Florida and is one transfer ahead of me in the mission. It is amazing how similar we are. We both have that sort of calm temperament and are both very flexible. We get along so well! We were actually in the MTC together for three weeks before she left for Italy with the older group in October of last year, so it's pretty cool that we now get to be together! I'm so excited for all the adventures we're going to have. :) 

Well I think those are all the big things... Another thing is that we're living in an apartment of four. That's new for me too! The other two missionaries are Sorella Acerson and Sorella Gross, and they are so great! I'm basically just loving every minute of life and am so excited for the new opportunities and experiences ahead. I can truly say that I am the happiest I've ever been as a missionary. Of course there are the hard times and it can be very stressful but it doesn't even compare to the amazing blessings you get in return. I can't even begin to recount all the things I've learned and the experiences that have shaped me into who I am now. They are to many to count! 

Vi voglio beneee... alla prossima settimana. :) (hopefully with pictures)

Love,
Sorella Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment