Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Finding Miracles


Ciao tutti!!

Another week come and gone in Collegno! I feel like every single transfer goes faster and faster. I can't believe it's already halfway through! The weather has been unusually cold for this time of the year. It's just been raining and raining, and I'm still going outside with a light jacket. Hopefully though, that means that the summer won't be as miserably hot as I've heard it's prone to get!

The week thus far has consisted largely of pass-bys of less active members, former investigators that we find in the area book, and basically just a lot of finding! One of the people we are teaching right now, Umberto, is so sweet. Last week we went over the restoration with him and gave him the pamphlet to read over. At the end of the pamphlet it talks about proper church attendence and the attire you have to wear, etc. When Umberto read that men come dressed in suits, he went out and bought himself a £300 suit just to wear to church so he could show proper respect. Wow! He is so bravo. In our last lesson I asked if he believed the things the we have taught him, and he said he believes everything! I told him that believing is the first step and that he is on the right track. It made me think of one of my favorite sciptures in D&C 46:14 which says that "to others it is given to believe on their words that they also might have eternal life if they continue faithful." Belief is the first step, faith is the next!

The ward here is SUPER enthusiastic. Right now they are gearing us all up for a mostra (display) they want to do in a piazza in Collegno. The cool thing is that Sorella Haslem this past Friday was expressing to me how much she wanted to do a mostra to be able to find new investigators, and then in corellation on Monday it turned out that our second couselor was thinking the very same thing! It's definitely inspiration, if you ask me. I'm learning in a lot of ways how to think outside of the box here in Collegno. At this point in my mission I've noticed that I've gotten too caught into doing the same thing over and over again and that there are really so many other ways to do the Lord's work effectively. I am learning a lot from being in a new city, and from Sorella Halsem!

We had another cool experience with a lady we met in the park on the way to a pass-by we were going to make. Sorella Haslem got the impression to talk to her, so we walked up to her and started introducing ourselves. When she saw us she stood up and said she recognized Sorella Haslem from the bus and that she had given her a pass-along card. Afterwards Sorella Haslem told me that she didn't remember her at all, and I believe her because every person you meet and talk to in your first transfer is pretty engrained in your memory. But anyway, the lady was so open and nice and told us that she had tried to find our church from the pass-along card, but wasn't able to. We ended up sitting down with her, offering a prayer, and teaching her almost the entire restoration. She had to leave abruptly at the end, but the spirit was deiniftely there and we have faith that she'll want to learn more about the gospel!

Well, that's about it for this week. Missionary work is hard, but it is so rewarding at the same time. I have never been so hyper focused on one specific purpose in my entire life. In fact, it makes life a lot more simple when your one and only purpose is "inviting people to come unto Christ." It is the most simple and beautiful invite of all time, and it is extended to every single one of God's children who have lived or will ever live on the earth! (2 Nephi 26:25) Vi voglio un mondo di bene!!! Buona settimana!

con tanto amore,
Sorella Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment