Friday, October 26, 2012

October 18, 2012--"Il nativo" and Fictional Investigators

Thanks so much for your email! I got two others from Ceci and Sophie! It's so great to hear about what everyone's doing. That's so awesome that Ceci wants to be on the debate team! She would be so awesome! Congratulations on finishing your Schubert concert! I'm sure that was so fun. I miss playing the violin! I really hope it's okay when I get back. I'm not sure how good sitting in a case for a year and a half will be for it. :( Maybe you could get it out and play it sometime! Just to make sure it's not crumbling to dust.

I've had a great week so far! Sunday was really exciting because I got to meet Linda K. Burton, the new Relief Society president! She came to speak to us for relief society. It was so cool! Sorella Harward and I each got to hug her afterwards and told where we're from and where we're going. Did you know that she lived in New Zealand growing up, and I think her husband was the mission president in Seoul Korea for a while! She's a really awesome lady.

It's getting colder and colder down here too. The leaves and mountains are beautiful from what I can tell. You aren't able to see much from the MTC. I can't believe it's been five weeks already! I have just under four weeks now. I'm so excited! The new district is coming next week, including the brother of Sorella Stewart in our district. He is going to Rome, and she's going to Milan! I'm so excited for them to get here. It's a little lonesome with the older districts gone. :( We're playing a game in our district called "il nativo" where we all draw a piece of paper, and whoever has the green x is a native Italian speaker. The point is to guess who it is by who speaks the most Italian throughout the day! It's a great way to remember the speak the language. Everyone's doing so great and progressing so fast!

Right now we technically have three investigators. One's name is Geonatan, and the others are two of our anziani who are both playing people they know from back home. We lost one of our investigators, Giuseppe, because our teacher got promoted and isn't teaching us as much anymore. It was so sad to loose him! We had such a good lesson prepared for him. Geonatan is a great investigator! He has a baptismal date for October 26th and really loves everything we teach him. He has kind of a weird family situation- some of them live in Italy, some of them live in Spain, and his Mom lives in Equador. I can't wait to finally have real investigators! I'm hoping maybe I'll find the real Giuseppe and his family! Our teacher told us he lives a little out of Milan, and they ultimately had to drop him.

Another cool thing that happened this week is that Shayne M. Bowen from the seventy came to speak for devotional! He gave a talk in conference that I really enjoyed. It was such a good devotional! He addressed a lot of my concerns about knowing how to share the gospel and how to find people to teach. I'm kind of scared to death to just walk up to people and start talking to them about the gospel! But the way he put it is that everyone is going to notice us on the street because of our nametags, and might be offended if we don't talk to them because they think they're not good enough for our message. That put it in a very different perspective for me and made me realize how important it is to share it with everyone!

Well I better go. I'm so glad things are going well for all of you. Do you have my right address now? Here it is just in case:

DaNece Anne Lyman
MTC Mailbox #181
ITA-MIL 1113
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo, UT 84604


Love you so much! I loved hearing from everyone! Keep those emails coming! :)

Love,
Sorella Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment