Thursday, October 18, 2012

Oct. 4, 2012

Hi Mom [and everyone else]!
Before I forget, I better give you my favorite scripture! Hm, that's a hard one. It's sort of a tie between three. I think I'll go with 2 Nephi 32:2-3. It's the one about angels speaking by the power of the Holy Ghost. I like how it uses the phrase "speaking with the tongue of angels." Even though I'll be speaking in Italian, that is the language that I really want to strive to speak. I think the gift of tongues has a lot to do with speaking with the tongue of angels. Thank you SO MUCH for the cupcakes!! That was such a pleasant surprise to go up to the front desk and see six cupcakes and a letter waiting for me! I didn't even know they had the cocoa bean here in Provo! Speaking of which, was Stephanie able to get a job there? How was your trip to California? It sounds like you're all having a nice spud harvest week. I'm sure it feels nice to sleep in late! I've had a good week. The older districts left on Tuesday for Italy, so we're a much smaller group now. There used to be about 40 of us, and now there are only 16. I can't wait until the new districts come in in about three weeks! It's a little lonesome with just the two districts. And when they get here, it will only be three more weeks until we leave! I'm really excited for conference this weekend! I think it will be a really nice change of pace from the usual schedule. I've heard that everything in conference is completely magnified when you're a missionary, so I'm really excited to hear what the prophets and apostles have to say, and apply it to what I'm doing! It's such a blessing to have continued revelation on the earth today. :) Something that the devotional speaker said this last Tuesday ( Elder Ellis from the 70) really struck a chord with me having to do with conference. He made a reference to the last supper when Jesus said that one of the apostles would betray him. Instead of thinking of others, all of the apostles reverted the question back to themselves saying "Lord, is it I?" I think that's the question we all need to have during conference so we can be willing to learn as much as the Holy Ghost can teach us. I think humility has a lot to do with it. Unfortunately we won't be singing for any of the sessions. I think that usually only happens for the April sessions. Well, I need to go. There's a line forming for the computers. :) One question: Do you have my proper address now for the camera? I really don't care what kind it is, as long as it's digital. OH, and did you get your credit card? I'm so sorry that I still had that! I sent it back in the mail last thursday. Well, I love you all! Have a great week! 

Love,
Sorella Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment