Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Happy News from Milano


CIAO!!!!

Ok, I don't even know where to start this week. There have been so many amazing, mind-blowing things that have happened, it's gonna be hard fit it all into one email. First let me say that I love you all and I'm happy for all the wonderful things you all are doing with your lives.

Let me start by saying that just barely today, I found out that one of my dear investivators in Milano made the decision to be baptized after many many years of thinking about it. It was the most amazing news I have ever received in my mission. I love that family so much and to think of them now, all baptized and members of the church makes my heart "overflow with joy" and brings tears to my eyes. I have never felt so happy about anyone or anything. It is kind of indescribable how I feel right now. Let me just quote Ammon: 

"Therefore, let us aglory, yea, we will bglory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his cmercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." Alma 26:16

That basically sums it up. Apart from that, we have seen so many amazing things in Collegno this week. Remember how in the month of August everyone goes away on vacation and everything just shuts down? Well, because of that we had a lot of people waiting on the back burner who would all be coming back in September. Now with the start of this month we are really seeing the fruits of our labors. The past two weeks we have gotten sixteen lessons and this week we're on track for twenty! Along with that we have gotten 14 new investigators this transfer and we're hopeful of getting more this week. It is amazing to see how the work has picked up in Collegno! Like Sorella Hoffman said at the beginning of the transfer, "Collegno is on fire!" I am so excited to stay here with her for the transfer to come!

It is amazing to see how the wave of new missionaries has affected the entire mission. Everywhere people are seeing success and the fire that is within these new missionaries is unquenchable. It is truly a force to be reckoned with! I'm so excited to be a part of it. There is nothing more exciting, exhilariting, and fulfilling that being a missionary of the Lord Jesus Christ and being so intricately involved in his work! And what is so beautiful is that the things I learn on my mission I will be able to keep with me for the rest of my life to help me remember where true happiness lies. It is in serving others, having true charity, and forgetting yourself! 

Vi voglio un sacco di bene!! Continuate con fede!!

Love,
Sorella Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment